December 8, 2008

Things I should never do ever

  • Stay up past midnight unless I'm hanging out with people. Not only is there NO POINT, but nothing good ever comes from it. I can't think of one instance.
  • Eat pizza in North Carolina. In theory because I'm allergic to wheat, but honestly because it sucks.
  • Plan to be somewhere before 7:30 a.m. Even if it does miraculously happen, it's not going to be pleasant for anyone involved. SORRY KIDS.
  • Drink green tea; it makes me throw up. Why? Because I am a health anomaly.
  • Wear those cheap 2 dollar obnoxious earrings you can buy in teen retail stores. They're the reason I pierced my ears and I'm allergic to them. They make my ears swell up but sometimes I risk it it, anyway, because, listen: Giant, bright yellow, plastic hoop earrings are worth any cell damage they might incur.
  • Purchase butter. I don't eat butter. Why do I have butter in my refrigerator? What am I going to do with it? Does butter go bad?
  • Pierce my nose. But I really really want to. Should I do it?
  • Go to my high school reunion. Nothing good can come of that, and by that I mean, I could just go to a bar when I visit home and be alternately ignored/accosted by the exact same people for free.
  • Send my dad a Barack Obama birthday card. It was hard to resist the temptation today, but I managed.
  • Let people know that I refer to myself as two entities: Good elyse and Bad elyse. Oops, I just told you. That was Bad elyse's idea.
  • Write in this blog. Bad elyse makes me. I need to go do something productive now.

5 comments:

Nikhil said...

clearly pierce your nose, for the lulz if nothing else.

twisby said...

i sort of want something glittery on my face. is that a bad reason to put a hole in my body?

Purslane said...

If your ears won't tolerate anything but the finest piercings, just imagine how your nose will react to being impaled.

Is your dad's birthday the same as my dad's? Tony Gilbert was born in New York City on 14 December 1937.

twisby said...

nope, my dad's birthday is Dec. 11! and i think that as long as i get a hypoallergenic piercing i will be OK. i think i'm just allergic to nickel.

Nikhil said...

so go do it, does the hole not grow back in or whatever?