December 28, 2008

things I bought myself for Christmas

  • green curry tofu. I missed it soooooooooo much.
  • Wilco, Being There. It's an old album, but it's new to me.
  • House of the Spirits, Isabella Allende.
  • a haircut. I really really needed it.
I ate green curry twice yesterday, and I would gladly do it again today, but my aunt, uncle, and cousin are visiting us from southern Illinois and there's no way they're going to want that. We are making them brunch and I am going to eat all of the smoked salmon. I hope my uncle drives his big rig and parks it in our driveway!


The above picture is Yoko Ono at age 74 [FYI: I am a Beatles fan that loves Yoko. The Beatles needed to break up anyway, otherwise they'd be making shit like the last Rolling Stones album]. Yoko claims that eating a lot of curry keeps you from aging and can make you live forever. I think she also said that about heroin. One of the two is obviously correct, because look at her legs! I absolutely do not want to live forever. Correction: I would not want to live forever unless I could eat a different kind of curry every day: Massamun, red, yellow, jalfrezi, masala... mmm curry.

Edit: I just took a shower and I can smell the curry coming out of my skin. No more curry for a few days. I have some plans that require me to smell like a human being.

3 comments:

Alex said...

Who came first: Yoko Ono or Kim Jong Il? yikes.

twisby said...

Yoko looks way better than Kim Jong Il... it's because she long ago gave up evil actions and concentrated on directing that evil energy to the preservation of her looks. I try to do that, too, but I just can't get my hands on the heroin to aid my efforts.

Alex said...

Evil actions? Like destroying the Beatles?