December 1, 2008

FANGIRLING

Last night I saw Fastball play in Carrboro and it was pretty awesome. I used to see tons of live music, and then I went to college, got poor, decided to take that time to listen to only music from the 60s and 70s. This is mostly because half of the jackass elitists at my college were so bossy and competitive about their indie music that I was totally turned off by anything modern, no matter how good it was. Now I have this deep deep appreciation for good music that stems from the Beatles riffs ingrained into my deepest brain regions, so you can believe me when I say that it was an excellent show.

The concert was awesome, but having been a fan for 11 years, I have NEEDS that were not completely satisfied. Like having Tony on bass and keyboards. So I made a fantasy Fastball concert lineup. It's like fantasy baseball! But a billion times less boring! (And that's the last time you'll ever hear me pun Fastball with baseball because I am a better punner than that, baby.) (Note that this doesn't include the new music because I don't have that on my iTunes yet.)
  • Morning Star
  • Airstream
  • Out Of My Head (Keyboards necessary*)
  • Emily
  • Drifting Away
  • Freeloader Freddy (underrated; I like the revolting Miles-coughing at the beginning)
  • I Get High (Tony's falsetto is the best, *)
  • Whatever Gets You On (I fucking love this song and I don't think I'll ever hear it live)
  • You're an Ocean (*)
  • Damaged Goods
  • Love is Expensive and Free
  • ("encore")
  • Mercenary Girl
  • Warm Fuzzy Feeling
  • Red Light
*Keyboardists are so hot. I almost fainted watching Ben Kweller play piano a couple years ago. I don't care if you are 99 years old and in a jug band**, play some piano for me and I will be yours***.
** Jug bands are awesome.
*** Let's be honest; I have no self control when it comes to musicians.




I love you, Fastball!

No comments: