November 3, 2008

Moderate-wing conspiracy

For the record, I have this sneaking feeling that McCain is in cahoots (yes, I said cahoots) with Obama for him to win the presidency and take power away from the 'publicans. I think that moderates McCain and Obama had a couple of beers together a few years ago and decided to rig the game, the way my cousin and I used to play "collaborative Monopoly" against our dolls to take control of the bank. But I don't think that ObaMcCain want to take control of the bank (who'd want to in this economy, anyway?), I think they just wanted to make sure a moderate-friendly government took over post-Bush.

Why do I think this? Because I honestly can't believe that McCain picked Palin thinking it would help him win the election. If he wanted to win, all he had to do was pick some solid, uncontroversial VP , and his ticket would suddenly look like a rock-solid campaign of experience compared to the perception of Obama's naivety. I cannot believe that McCain honestly thought Palin was a winning choice for vice president, and he must have MUST HAVE picked her as a way to handicap his campaign and cede the vote to Obama.

This is my conspiracy theory AKA security blanket. It makes me feel good to pretend, if only for a moment, that America isn't really a place where someone, ANYONE, considers Sarah Palin a legitimate candidate to be a world leader.

No comments: