November 14, 2008

FYI

I have been happy here in spite of the lack of making out. For the last three months, it's like some huge weight has been lifted off of my chest. I am no longer depressed and unable to function, like I was in Chicago. I wake up in the morning and I actually feel like getting out of bed and doing things.

I don't know if it's the extra sunlight (Chicagoans do have vitamin D deficiencies), or the academic environment, or my homeopathic antidepressants, or the massive, massive amounts of B vitamins I take to keep my fibromyalgia from acting up... but it's probably a combination of those things.

HOW LONG CAN THIS UNFOUNDED HAPPINESS LAST? It's so much better than unfounded sadness. Now I know what everybody was saying about life and how it's "worth living" and "too short" and "not a cesspool of violent emotional conflict."

On a side note, I have had massive cravings for pop-tarts every time I walk down the cereal aisle since I can remember. I don't let myself eat poptarts because if I started, I'd never be able to stop. So please remind me, when I have babies someday, to never let them have pop-tarts; I'm trying really hard not to damn my kids to a life of suffering via junk-food craving.

No comments: