January 7, 2009

I should write something

Lately I've been a little distracted by re-relocating, social life, and being sick. Here's a distracted update:

It hailed in North Carolina today, which ruined my utopian ideas about the weather. Once, when I was working in Champaign-Urbana, golf ball sized hail was falling. That really freaked me out because that was my "dirt poor" summer, when I couldn't afford to take a bus or buy an umbrella to get to work. I am really glad I wasn't caught out in it, because the hail left big indents on cars in my neighborhood. What did primitive man do when it hailed? Maybe he cursed at the sky and invented religions.

Here's a fact that I want to share with everyone: You don't have to be sick! TRUE STORY, guys. I kept myself from getting sick during winter break by drinking obscene amounts of echinacea tea and taking garlic/lysine pills. Echinacea and lysine are antivirals and garlic is an antibiotic. Every night I would feel myself starting to get sick and I would just load up on homeopathic remedies, and every morning I felt better. I had to do this because listen, people, I only had two and a half weeks to have a social life and there was just not time to be blowing my nose.

I am ready for it to be spring, now, for no other reason than my primitive-woman urge to put on a dress and look pretty in it. I also want to watch some animals MATING, baby! I have yet to espy squirrel sex, and I cannot die until I do.

2 comments:

Andrew J. Mitchell said...

I oughtta try that garlic/lysine magic ...

twisby said...

You won't regret it! And if you do, please note that *DISCLAIMER* Elyse is not a licensed physician and her medical advice is not certified by any official organization.