September 14, 2008

Myspace

... I should really not be on Myspace.

1. I don't use it correctly. All I do is write weird things about myself and friend musicians that I stalked when I was younger and pray that they will one day look at my profile and think "Wow, that little freak turned out to be a good looking freak." I only have 24 friends and I never write comments or receive comments-- If someone left me a comment I wouldn't really know what to do with it. Reply? Or think they are a loser for using Myspace? Reply to tell them they are a loser for using Myspace?

2. [edit for content, 2/09]

3. What is this list about again? Oh yeah. Myspace. I get a lot of creepy creepy messages from people about my profile, basically either asking me to have sex with them, have cyber sex with them, or give them attention so they can think, although they live hundreds of miles away, that I want to have sex with them in their apartment full of empty beer cans and dead roaches. The saddest is when the guy looks at my profile (which is almost entirely a joke) and picks out one of the insane things I wrote about myself and uses it to make a case about why we are soulmates. Um, OK, Internet Man, I have decided that if my soulmate is on Myspace looking for me, I'd rather die alone.

But the reason I'm writing this is because I have received the weirdest and most disturbing message ever. It is from a 42 year old married female with children and a husband in her profile picture. The message says:

You are very interesting. Would you be interested in a couple where anything is possible and where good conversation is a must. Not saying anything will happen, but just seeing if we connect. Talking and meeting over dinner or a drink.

Angie & Andy

WHAT!?

1 comment:

Purslane said...

Inviting a strange neuroethologist half your age over for wine and fornication à trois is so bourgeois. This is the sort of thing that Sarah Palin and her indicted husband do all the time.