August 13, 2008

OK BBZ

OH HAI. I am in North Carolina now, and I have internet, but I don't have time to update with pictures until this weekend. But I am having an awesome time, despite the fact that half of the people in my program are married. You can't win 'em all. I'll find other ways to have fun.

I had a miniature FREAK OUT yesterday when I met the head of the neurobiology department, and when I told him my name, he said he "remembered my application." My reaction to this was that my personal statement must have been extremely obnoxious (and I'm fairly sure it was) but everyone else assures me that it's a good thing. He wants to have a meeting with me and my advisers to work out a special course program so I can take behavior and evolution classes in the biology department and apply them to my neurobiology program and be a NEUROETHOLOGIST. Then, in just 20-30 years, when I've established myself in the field, I will start a science journal called NEUROETHOLOGIST for which I will be the editor.

I have plans for the next 50 years of my life but I don't have any food in my fridge and don't know how to use the bus system to get any. I'm imagining my interviews for post doctoral research positions and I haven't prepared for my meeting with my adviser today. Sounds like someone (me) needs to re-read Sometimes a Great Notion.

No comments: