August 31, 2008

My apartment

... now has food and bedroom furniture. Hooray! We used Tom's Sam's Club membership to go to Sam's yesterday and buy stuff that I use a lot: granola bars, tomato sauce, olive oil, paper towels, brownie mix (mmm), big frozen pretzels (okay, I don't eat a lot of those but they will come in handy someday when I'm craving pretzels). Also this weekend I've bought: french-style couscous in bulk at Whole Foods (I eat TONS of couscous as snack food), two containers of rice milk from Trader Joe's, my bulk oatmeal came in the mail from Amazon.com (best oatmeal ever: Zen Optimum), a couple of yogurts, ice cream (!), and brie. I wish they made soy brie (and for that matter, soy yogurt that wasn't sickeningly sweet). And a few minor other things. Luckily, I got paid on Friday, or I'd totally be broke right now. Most of my money goes to rent and bills but I have some money saved so I can afford to stock up on food like this as long as I don't like, eat it all in one week.

My dresser and nightstand came yesterday! They are so so cool. After I get my apartment straightened up from this weekend I will post a picture. They are black and have neat hardware on them, and the thing that I like best about them is that they aren't clear plastic tupperware storage boxes. I was using one box to put my alarm clock on, and two more boxes to store my clothes. All of my clothes smell like plastic. It is sickening. But now I can wash them and they will suddenly be bathed in pine scent! Which probably isn't too much sexier.

CONFIDENTIAL TO L.A.: I sleep at normal times. If you didn't ignore me so much you'd understand why I need to do this. Sorry I missed you, though.

No comments: