March 14, 2009

Albums good enough to pay for

Last night I watched an hour of VH1's weekly top video countdown and remembered why I gave up on pop music in 7th grade. By the way, as you may have predicted, the new single by the Fray sounds exactly like the previous singles by the Fray. Thus, I would like to provide you with a list of albums worth buying.

  • TV on the Radio, Dear Science
  • The Rolling Stones, Let it Bleed
  • Wilco, Sky Blue Sky
  • Fleet Foxes, Fleet Foxes
  • David Bowie, Ziggy Stardust
  • Fastball, Keep Your Wig On (and I'm looking forward to Little White Lies in April; go pre-order it)
  • Beach Boys, Pet Sounds
  • The Beatles, Revolver (and Abbey Road, White Album, Sgt. Pepper, Let It Be... Naked)
  • Uncle Tupelo, Anodyne (or at least all the Tweedy tracks)
  • Voxtrot, Mothers Daughters Sister and Wives
  • John Lennon, John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band
  • Wilco, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (I know I put Wilco on here twice, but I don't know how people can exist without both albums)

No comments: