February 11, 2011

Letter to some pretty neat male human beings

Today I'm putting aside my casual hatred of men to make a post about the ones I appreciate. I'm thankful for the dudes who make my life a little bit cooler:

  • To the large dude on my bus who wears powder pink high tops;
  • To the guys in the coffee shop who switch up their indie playlists for the occasional ABBA, which makes Monday mornings a little bit easier to stomach;
  • To the businessman in front of me in line, who grooved to "Dancing Queen" without any hint of embarrassment;
  • To the Rolling Stones and the Beatles, reasons obvious;
  • To my PI, a man who is so good at being a boss that I somehow never have any complaints (about him);
  • To my dad;
  • To my awesome boyfriend, who not only puts up with my neuroses but sometimes claims to like them;
  • To the men (and women, too) who have invented and improved modern plumbing so that I can take hot showers and use indoor toilets.
Props to you, dudes. Props.


Enjoy that. It's all you'll get from me until men learn what it's like to menstruate.

No comments: