August 6, 2009

Queueing up

In an effort to not spend my money, I'm kicking television. Cable costs an extra $40-something a month and I would like to have that money in my bank account. Or to spend on concert tickets. The best part about not having television is that I won't have to see a single Grey's Anatomy commercial and wonder how Americans became so tasteless that they made it one of the highest rated programs on TV.

The cynic in me is crying out for some depressing and inherently-biased indie documentaries. Any recommendations? I'm partial to movies about America's obesity problem, but I also like macabre political agendas, doom-and-gloom nature prophecies, and anything with bizarre wooden puppets acting out modern day biographies in the style of Greek theatre. (Protagonist!)

No comments: